MyCAA Website is the Portal to Your New Career

MyCAA Website is the Portal to Your New Career

The MyCAA website makes applying for the MyCAA benefits relatively easy and straightforward. If you are a military spouse with a spouse on active duty in the United States armed forces you may be able to participate in The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program.

To qualify for the MyCAA scholarship, you must meet certain criteria. The main criteria is that you need to be pursuing an Associate’s Degree or license or certification that will help you get a job in a Portable Career field or occupation.

What is a Portable Career?

A Portable Career is a career in any industry that has a large employment base and that is likely to have job openings close to military duty locations. Some examples of Portable Careers are:

  • Web design
  • Sales
  • Public Relations
  • Computer Programming

If you are interested in pursuing a degree, license or certificate in these or similar careers, you might be eligible for financial assistance from the MyCAA. And if you are not interested in pursuing a college degree then maybe you should be. You don’t want to end up going to the University of Subway to be your only choice.

What Types of Education Are Approved under MyCAA?

To receive financial and career assistance from MyCAA, you need to be working towards a license, certificate, certification, or an Associate’s Degree in a subject that is likely to lead to a good job.

This program is designed to help pay for education that will lead to a good career. If you want to pursue an Associate’s Degree, you should make sure that the degree and courses have a specific concentration that will lead to a job in a Portable Career.

MyCAA Military Spouse

A soldier welcomed home.

The program will give you financial assistance for licensing, certificates and certification at most colleges, universities and trade schools, click here to search for a list of MyCAA approved schools that offer courses in your field of interest. As a military spouse, you are also able to receive financial assistance to help pay for courses or testing if these courses or testing will improve your chances of getting a good job.

How Much Financial Assistance Can I Get?

Under the MyCAA scholarship program, you can receive a total of $4,000 towards your education. Each year, you can only receive up to $2,000 from the MyCAA program. If your program of study requires you to pay an upfront amount that is more than $2,000, you can ask the MyCAA to waive this requirement. The most you can receive for education from MyCAA is $4,000.

How Do I Know If I am Eligible?

To participate in this program, you must be a spouse of a service member on active duty in the military that falls within pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2. In most cases, These benefits are also available to you if you are the spouse of a member of the National Guard and Reserves who are within these pay grades.

To qualify for the program, you must be able to start and complete your program during your spouse’s tour of active duty.

Reasons You Cannot Get The Benefits

  • You are married to a member of the United States Coast Guard.
  • You are the spouse of a National Guard or Reserve member whose deployment status is Warning Orders/Alert, Post-Deployment/Demobilization or Transition.
  • If you are legally separated from your active duty military spouse.

What Benefits Can I Receive from the MyCAA Program?

In addition to offering financial support, the program will also give you career training and counseling services. To start off, the MyCAA counseling program will help you explore possible careers you might be interested in, which is relatively similar to the Army Career Training Site. Career counselors will look at your interests, skills, strengths and weaknesses to determine what might be a good career for you.

The Military OneSource (MOS) Education and Career Counselors will also help you understand what working in a certain career will be like, including how much money you can earn during your career. Once you choose a career, you will work with your counselor to develop a plan for achieving your educational and career goals.

The counselors will help you understand the courses and training that you will need to finish and will explore the financial aid options available to you. They will also work with you to write a professional resume and will help you perfect your interviewing skills.

What Will MyCAA Benefits Pay For?

They can be used to pay for tuition, training courses and examinations. Items that the program will not pay for include:

  • Reimbursements of any kind, including costs of courses that were started or completed before your spouse began active military duty.
  • Computers, electronic devices, books, supplies or equipment.
  • Transportation, housing, child care or medical costs.
  • Study abroad programs.
  • Fees of any kind including, registration, activity and technology fees.
  • Private licenses.
  • High school GED courses and testing.
  • Professional education courses to keep your membership in a professional organization.

I Want to Get Started, How Do I Apply?

Go to the main homepage and click the Get Started button and access the MyCAA login portal. Upon logging into the MyCAA Portal, you will need to provide certain background and family information. Their System will run a real-time DEERS check to verify your eligibility for the program. When your eligibility has been verified, you can create your MyCAA account. The MyCAA website will provide you with more information if the system is not able to verify your eligibility.

Your MyCAA account will have a Message Box that will give you online access to knowledge and helpful counselors. Using the Message Box system will be the most efficient and fastest way for you to get your questions and concerns answered for most of you concerns including questions you might have filling out the MyCAA application.

You can also contact them by calling the MyCAA phone number 1-800-342-9647.

Remember, the United States Department of Defense (DoD) created the Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program and The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program to give financial assistance and career advice to you and other military spouses that want to start a new career. So don’t hesitate to give them a call.

These programs were created to give military families, like you, the chance to improve their financial situation and prepare for post-military life by educating, training and counseling spouses that need or want to change careers or reenter the work force.